Materials in Bulk
Trash for Teaching relies on the manufacturing community to provide the bulk of materials that we take directly to schools for children’s classroom projects. Items that you’ve been discarding (or recycling) can become fascinating learning tools. For example a piece of plastic tubing can be used in a kindergarten classroom to demonstrate the basic principals of physics by running water or a ball through it. Suddenly a seemingly useless item has become a tool for learning the basics of physics and engineering. Sounds simplistic, but schools in other countries have been doing this for ages!
Materials Wanted for Action-Reaction Space
We are looking for everyday household objects for use in our Action-Reaction Space:
- Round, heavy objects: golf balls, pool balls, etc.
- Miscellaneous sporting goods equipment: golf clubs, pool cues, fishing rods, bike parts, etc.
- Musical instruments parts and pieces: xylophone, drum foot pedal, etc.
- Springs, and objects that function because of springs
- Simple mechanical devices: window fan, and other objects that spin
- Wheels, furniture casters, pulleys
- Household building supplies: PVC pipe, gutters, 2×4′s, track, etc.
- Hardware: nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
- Hand tools: hammers, drills, etc.
- Clamps, vice
- Remote-controlled toys: even ones that are broken
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to donate materials, thank you so much!